Travel Trend is a specialist in distant travel and founded in 1978. Our offerings include trips to USA/Canada, Asia, Africa, Australia/New Zealand/Pacific and Central & South America. Most trips are customized. At our beautiful, modern office in Rotterdam Alexander, approximately 40 employees work for two travel brands: Travel Trend and NBBS Reizen.
At Travel Trend, we work with travel agents, who are intermediaries for selling our long-haul trips to consumers. NBBS Travel is our direct sales channel, where employees have direct contact with our clients.
In the Travel Trend Reservations department, quotes and bookings from travel agents are processed, both by phone and in writing.
Travel Specialist America/Canada Travel Trend (24-39 hours)
You will work in a team of motivated, highly experienced staff with a passion for long-distance travel. Work will be primarily for travel to the USA and Canada. Future expansion to other continents is negotiable. The Travel Specialist is managed by the Travel Trend Reservations Manager, who is supported in this by the Senior Associate(s).
- Compose and book trips by phone, in writing and through the quotation system
- Processing changes on existing bookings
- Advising travel agents primarily on composite and custom trips
- Perform administrative work for processing bookings
- Tourism education at a minimum of MBO level
- At least two years of experience in sales of (distant) travel
- Experience with Amadeus or similar airline ticket reservation system
- Good command of the Dutch language both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in English is a plus
- Pleasant telephone voice
- Affinity for distant travel
- (Study) travel experience to the above destinations
- Living in (the vicinity of) Rotterdam
- Customer-friendly attitude
- Accurate and stress resistant
- Commercially driven
- Motivated and flexible attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to work independently
- Team player
A varied and challenging position in a dynamic and informal work environment, where lines of communication are short and informal and employees are passionate about long-distance travel. Our product presentations, (online) courses and study tours contribute to your product knowledge and personal development.
This position is in pay scale 4. The salary is above the collective bargaining agreement for the travel industry, fringe benefits are good. You and any partner and/or children are automatically covered by our group travel insurance with world coverage. You get a discount on your cancellation insurance. Of course, you also get a discount on Travel Trend’s trips.
Are you interested and meet the above requirements? If so, please send your application to email@example.com