Trade Relations Manager
An exciting trade relations opportunity exists at our Amsterdam Office in The Netherlands, to join our Tourism Execution business unit as a Trade Relations Manager. We invite applications from individuals who are passionate about promoting South Africa as a Tourism Destination and possess the required skills and experience.
Purpose of the Role
To develop the trade strategies for the hub, aligned to the global brand and trade strategy and ensure management and implementation thereof
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, consolidate and implement a trade engagement initiatives plan
- Identify and negotiate joint marketing initiatives with travel and/or non-travel entities
- Identify and manage trade to host and engagement at INDABA
- Manage briefing process of in-market trade activities to the hub marketing team
- Partner with trade in relevant market to achieve business objectives
- Implement initiatives according to contract deliverables
- Signed contracts filed and accessible
- Goals and outputs set for incentive houses / tour operators / travel agents / non-travel companies in terms of JMA
- JMA delivered according to goals and outputs identified for each partner
- Analyze all trade engagements results to reflect effectiveness
- Present trends and knowledge on developments in the trade space
- Shared learnings from engagements with stakeholders and trade
- Continuously checking of the trade website for relevance and updated the digital team
- Manage the deals page of the website and ensure deals are current
- Provide updates for SA Tourism website to Africa Marketing / Communications manager quarterly
- Monthly reports send to line manager within required deadlines
- Arrange Familiarization trips
- Co-ordinate Trade Toolkit
- Compile and manage budget
- Develop relationships with leisure and business trade and SAPOs
- Activation and management of the CRM for assigned markets
- Training and education for trade and SAPO for the relevant markets
- Sales call and drives
- Content provision to SA leisure/business trade and relevant SAPOs
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Trade/ Trade Relations/ Marketing/ Communications
- Minimum 5 years working experience trade, trade relations, marketing or sales
- Language proficiency: Dutch and English
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Knowledge: negotiation skills, project management, financial management, people management, relevant language appropriate to hub needs
- Skills: analytical; communication; creative; decision-making; interpersonal; organisational
- Attributes: creative thinker, process improvement, people development, innovation, customer service orientation, resilience, interpersonal sensitivity, team work
- Relevant legislation and regulatory requirements namely, POPI Act, PFMA, Treasury Regulations and Frameworks on performance information and strategic plans.
Visit us @ www.southafrica.net
- Detailed CV to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: 30 April 2022
Should you have not heard from us Four weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
No late applications will be accepted.
NB. Only Netherlands based citizens may apply.
South African Tourism does not offer Work Permit sponsorship.